The Graduate Research School is responsible for the academic administration and co-ordination of the University's graduate research training.
The school is also responsible for:
- developing and implementing policies for the promotion of the University's graduate research programs and for the recruitment of graduate research students
- facilitating interdisciplinary and cross-departmental program of graduate research
- promoting graduate research studies within the University
- serving as a focal point for graduate research students, including taking an active role in grievance conciliation and resolution.
- providing administrative support to the Board of the Graduate Research School and the Scholarships Committee
- administering all aspects of research higher degree (by thesis) candidature and examination
- administering scholarships for graduate research.