Research Supervision Professional Development Program
Online modules, workshops and seminars are available for academic staff who supervise UWA postgraduate research students. These activities support the UWA Register of Supervisors which requires supervisors to attend a minimum of one supervisor professional development activity every four years.
- fIRST (for Improving Research Supervision and Training) activities, bibliographies, case studies, tools, workshops, guides and links. Developed by a number of Australian and New Zealand universities and supported by the Australian Council of Graduate Research.
- Joint PhD programs for UWA schools to strengthen links with partner institutions
- On Supervision, Candidature and Research (OSCAR) Survey feedback about students' postgraduate research experience at UWA
- Thinkwell's Tools for PhD Supervisors
- FIRSTatUWA (Facilitating International Research Students' Transition at UWA) support for international HDR students
- Principles for Respectful Supervisory Relationships. Jointly developed by Universities Australia, the National Tertiary Education Union, the Council of Australian Postgraduate Associations and the Australian Council of Graduate Research, this set of principles underpins the relationship between postgraduate research students and their academic supervisors.
- SPORS (Student Perceptions of Research Supervision) tool to facilitate discussion of expectations of candidature between students and supervisors