Further information

Annual report

All students on suspension, including those on maternity, parenting or sick leave are still required to lodge an annual report. Your annual report is always due on the anniversary of your start date, even if you are suspended when it falls due. You can check your milestones on Student Connect to find out when your report is due.


You do not need to submit a Leave Form to the Graduate Research School for periods of annual recreation leave of less than four weeks taken within Australia, however you do need to notify your school and supervisor.

If you intend to travel overseas you must submit an Overseas Travel Form to the Graduate Research School.

Approval of all overseas leave is conditional on students having submitted the Research Proposal and any other milestone reports such as Confirmation of Candidature, Annual and Interim Reports, Travel Award Reports, which are due at the time of or during the proposed leave. 

 View of newborn's feet resting on the mother's hand

Types of leave: