Since the role of research is to shift the boundary between the known and the unknown, research that is not communicated may as well not have been done.
Therefore the communication of research is an essential part of the research journey. Resources are available on writing research for publication, presenting conference presentations and conference posters.
Teach Yourself Online
- Tutorial on communicating your research
- Tutorial on publishing research
- Preparing your conference poster, (Dr Krystyna Haq).
- Giving conference presentations, 2007 (Dr Karen Hall)
- How to publish your research, 2008 (Prof. Robyn Owens, Pro-Vice Chancellor Research and Research Training)
- Publishing a scientific paper, 2007 (Prof. Hans Lambers, School of Plant Biology). This presentation is provided online through Lectopia.
- Publishing your research, 2007 (A/Prof Bev McNamara, Prof. Yasmeen Haskell, Sarah Brown). This presentation is provided online through Lectopia.
- A journal article that looks at writing and publishing in scientific journals: The Science of Scientific Writing, 1990 (Gopen and Swan).
- Strategies for publishing your research, 2007 (Prof. Nigel Laing, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research). This presentation is provided online through Lectopia.
- Preparing an oral presentation for a scientific meeting, (Prof. Hans Lambers, School of Plant Biology)
Face to Face Workshops
- Gopen, G. D., & Swan, J. A. (1990) The science of scientific writing, American Scientist, 78(6), pp.550-558.