Enrolling in coursework units

You can enrol in up to 24 points of coursework units concurrently with a research higher degree, if the board considers the coursework units necessary for successful completion of the research higher degree program.

Requests to add coursework units to an enrolment must be endorsed by your Coordinating supervisor and Graduate Research Coordinator.

Submit your request for the addition of a coursework unit via HDRhub.

If more than 24 points of coursework are necessary to complete a research higher degree program, you need to complete the units:

  • as part of an approved preliminary program, or
  • via continuing education before enrolment in a research higher degree program.

Further information

Enrolment types Variation of enrolment

Re-enrolment Annual progress reports

Getting an extension Extension of candidature