A UWA student

Submission of your annual progress report acts as an application for re-enrolment.
The due date of your annual report is the anniversary of your enrolment date.
Suspension events will move the due date, by the length of suspension.

Step one: Complete student section

Complete all the requested information and provide a summary of your progress.

Step two: Supervisor section

Arrange for your Coordinating supervisor to complete the supervisor section.

Your Coordinating supervisor will need to consult any of your other supervisors to complete this section.

Step three: Lodge report by due date

Obtain appropriate approval and submit the report to the Graduate Research School by the due date.

You will be re-enrolled for the next academic year, if you:

  1. have made satisfactory progress
  2. do not have any outstanding debts to the University.

Re-enrolment for students who have not made satisfactory progress will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

Coursework units

You will need to lodge a separate re-enrolment form each year to nominate coursework units in you are enrolled in combined/PhD programs, such as:


  • If you are suspended, you will not be re-enrolled until you notify the Graduate Research School that you have returned to study.
  • If you miss the milestone due date, and have not submitted the outstanding milestone document (s) by 1 December, you will miss out on the automatic re-enrolment for the next year. You may incur a late enrolment fee.
  • Your re-enrolment cannot be processed if you have a debt with the University (such as a library fine) even if you have lodged your report on time. Clear any outstanding debts before, at the latest, the end of November of each year.

Annual reports and suspension

Your annual report is the mechanism by which your academic progress is the assessed by your school and the Graduate Research School and you need to continue submitting these reports while you are suspended. You may not have a great deal to put in the report when you are suspended, but by lodging a report you:

  • ensure that the Graduate Research School have your correct contact details and other necessary information.
  • confirm to your school and the Graduate Research School that you intend to resume study when your suspension is over.

Your annual report serves as your application for re-enrolment.

Further information

Confirmation of enrolment

Confirmations of enrolment are mailed from mid-December. You can also check via studentConnect.