Submission of your annual progress report acts as an application for re-enrolment.
The due date of your annual report is the anniversary of your enrolment.
Even if you are on suspension, you are still required to lodge an annual report.
Step one: Complete student section
Complete all student information in the Annual Report form that is provided below. You will need to provide a summary of your progress. Further support for completion of the annual report is available in the information sheet provided here.
Step two: Supervisor section
Arrange for your co-ordinating supervisor to complete the supervisor section of your annual report.
Your co-ordinating supervisor will need to consult any of your other supervisors to complete this section.
Step three: Lodge report by due date
Obtain all the appropriate signatures and submit the report to the Graduate Research School by the due date.
You will be re-enrolled for the next academic year, if you:
- have made satisfactory progress
- do not have any outstanding debts to the University.
Re-enrolment for students who have not made satisfactory progress will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
You will need to lodge a separate re-enrolment form each year to nominate coursework units in you are enrolled in combined/PhD programs, such as:
- If you are suspended, you will not be re-enrolled until you notify the Graduate Research School that you have returned to study.
- If you miss the milestone due date, and have not submitted the outstanding milestone document (s) by 1 December, you will miss out on the automatic re-enrolment for the next year. You may incur a late enrolment fee.
- Your re-enrolment cannot be processed if you have a debt with the University (such as a library fine) even if you have lodged your report on time. Clear any outstanding debts before, at the latest, the end of November of each year.
Annual reports and suspension
Your annual report is the mechanism by which your academic progress is the assessed by your school and the Graduate Research School and you need to continue submitting these reports while you are suspended. You may not have a great deal to put in the report when you are suspended, but by lodging a report you:
- ensure that the Graduate Research School have your correct contact details and other necessary information.
- confirm to your school and the Graduate Research School that you intend to resume study when your suspension is over.
Your annual report serves as your application for re-enrolment.
Confirmation of enrolment
Confirmations of enrolment are mailed from mid-December.