GRS Calendar of events
Calendar of research workshops and seminars is now available for download.
UWA provides you with a wide range of resources, training and professional development opportunities.
Your school allocates resources to you during your studies.
Other resources are available to all research students through the Graduate Research School or other central sources at the University such as the UWA Library, Student Services, Research Services and the Careers Centre. These resources include online materials, face-to-face lectures, seminars, workshops, and individual consultations. Many of these events are listed in the GRS Calendar of Events.
You can also access a range of external resources, including a series of online courses offered by UWAextension
A range of training and professional development opportunities are listed below.
Academic writing and thesis writing
- StudySmarter Communicate with confidence English language bootcamp and Present like a pro workshop
- GRS 3MT competition
- UWA Toastmasters
- GRS Seminar: Digital communication
- GRS Research skills workshops: Kickstart your research, Conceptualising your research
Software training and support
- UWA library: Endnote training and support
- GRS NVivo training: contact Dr Michael Azariadis for access to software and training schedule
- ResBaz Research Bazaar: Digital skills and tools for better, faster, smarter research
Data management and research metrics
- UWA library toolkits: Research data management and Open access
- 23 (research data) things: Self directed learning about research data
- UWA library workshops: Research impact and research profiles, research metrics
Research conduct and compliance
- GRS seminars: Academic careers, Alternate careers
- UWA Careers Centre: Individual consultations, workshops about resumes, interviews, career options, CareerHub database