UWA offers a wide range of research training events for HDR students including drop-in sessions, workshops and writing retreats.
- The Research Training Events flyer provides an overview of events according to stage of candidature. Use this flyer to help develop your training plan in HDRhub.
- Register for online or in-person events using the HDRhub Event Calendar. The HDRhub Research Training and Skills Analysis: Student Guide provides support for HDRhub event registration, skills assessment, training plans and training logs. The HDRhub Calendar lists events offered by the GRS, the UWA Careers Centre, the UWA Centre for Applied Statistics, the UWA Library and more. All events are mapped to the Vitae Skills Assessment that is available in HDRhub.
- Each month you will also be sent a GRS Newsletter reminding you of upcoming events.
- All GRS materials are also available to access at any time in the self-enrol GRS Organisation in the LMS.
GRS Workshops and Writing Retreats
The GEOs offer a range of 2-3 hour workshops.
- The Research Proposal and Thesis & Viva Examination workshops are held every month.
- The Research Foundations, Research Productivity, Academic Writing Efficiency, Academic Writing Style, Writing a Journal Paper, Conference Skills and MS Word for Thesis Writers workshops are held at least twice a year.
GRS Drop-in Sessions
The GEOs are also available to answer question in online and in-person drop-in sessions.
- Drop-in online to the Research Proposal and Thesis & Viva Examination Q&A Sessions offered in MS Teams every two weeks.
- Drop-in to the GRS Q&A Sessions held in-person every second week. Discuss any of your candidature concerns with a GEO.
- Sign up for the GRS Online Connect group that meets online every two weeks. This informal meeting is designed to help connect onshore and offshore students.
GRS Resources in the LMS
All GRS materials are also available in the UWA Learning Management System (LMS). To access these materials you need to self-enrol in the GRS Organisation. Instructions for how to self-enrol are provided on the UWA LMS Institution page under the Technical Announcements. Any students who wish to be manually enrolled in the LMS GRS Organisation can contact a Graduate Education Officer (GEO).
Any questions? Contact a Graduate Education Officer.